The Consortium for Ocean Leadership is pleased to announce the search for a Staff Accountant. This is a regular, full-time, exempt position. The position will report to the Senior Manager, Budgets and Fiscal Operations.
The Staff Accountant will support the Sr. Manager and Accounting Manager with various aspects of Finance and Accounting including cash management, monthly and year-end closing, reporting, and entering funding and budget data into the financial system.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline and a minimum of three (3) years of hands-on accounting experience.
• Understanding of standard accounting practices and principles including not-for-profit accounting practices and standards.
• Experience with accounting software, preferably Dynamics Navision.
• Data entry experience with a high degree of accuracy required. Must have experience working with databases.
• Proficiency with basic Microsoft Office programs required, particularly strong proficiency with Excel.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter with a strong level of initiative and resourcefulness, with demonstrated ability to handle tasks independently and under own discretion.
• Must have exemplary organizational and time management skills with the ability to take direction from several sources and change priorities effectively. Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously and within time and budgetary guidelines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills required, including the ability to demonstrate high level of tact, discretion and diplomacy with all levels of staff and other external stakeholders. Must also demonstrate ability to maintain confidential/sensitive information.
To apply, please forward cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and any other relevant application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Staff Accountant”. Materials may also be mailed to Human Resources, The Consortium for Ocean Leadership, 1201 New York Avenue, NW, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20005.
About the Consortium for Ocean Leadership
The Consortium for Ocean Leadership (COL) is a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit organization that represents the leading ocean science and technology institutions — public and private; academia, aquaria, and industry. Our mission is to shape the future of ocean science and technology. In addition to our advocacy role as the voice of the ocean research and technology community, COL manages a variety of community-wide research and education programs in areas of ocean observing, ocean exploration, and ocean partnerships. The Consortium for Ocean Leadership (COL) advocates for sound ocean policy and wise investment in ocean science, infrastructure, and education. Having established a reputation for being a credible, reliable, non-partisan, and trustworthy source of information for policymakers in the nation’s capital, COL elevates the awareness of the importance of the ocean to the nation’s economic and social well-being. Consequently, COL positively influences ocean policy and federal financial support for ocean research and technology.
Located in the heart of our nation’s capital, Ocean Leadership offers a collegial work environment and excellent benefits. To learn more about Ocean Leadership, please visit www.oceanleadership.org