Provides travel coordination for COL employees, board members, event participants, and visitors. Also coordinates meeting logistics for internal and external meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides logistical support for workshops and meetings for the ocean science community, as well as for COL’s board and member meetings.
• Works closely with staff across the organization to assist with travel and meeting coordination needs.
• Manages and ensures adherence to COL’s travel policy for all travel and meeting arrangements and traveler expenses.
• Assists with booking travel and lodging for meeting participants and advising on expense procedures.
• Processes and validates travel expense reports for payment.
• Supports Accounting staff, such as by reconciling meeting costs against credit card statements.
• Oversees conference room set up for meetings, workshops, and other events at COL’s offices.
• Provides on-site assistance for meetings, workshops, and other events at COL, and for off-site events as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIRED
• 2-3 years’ experience with meeting planning and logistics (facilities rentals, catering, A/V, etc.)
• Experience with travel (booking lodging and tickets, traveler support, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, organized, and provide excellent customer service.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Must be able to work independently and efficiently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Demonstrated detail orientation
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Familiarity with Federal Travel Regulations
• Ability to work early mornings and evenings on occasion and to travel two to three times per year
Requires ability to speak, see, hear, and use hands to handle objects, routine office equipment, or controls. May occasionally require ability to reach with hands and arms. May also require ability to lift or move up to 15 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.