The key roles of the Executive Director are to lead, manage, and inspire staff, principal investigators, partners, and board members to collectively sustain and improve a regional ocean observing system that is responsive to the information needs of the Northeast. The Executive Director is the principal spokesperson for the organization and will travel extensively to represent NERACOOS locally, nationally, and occasionally internationally, and to provide regional leadership and guidance.
- Maintain current and develop new collaborative partnerships with regional and national stakeholders, including government, private funding organizations, elected officials, agency staff, and scientists
- Interface effectively with NERACOOS’ Board of Directors, staff, principal investigators, and regional/national partners
- Remain true to the spirit of the organization’s mission and values while implementing a strategic business plan to thoughtfully expand and diversify NERACOOS’ scope and funding.
- Develop and maintain strategic business plans to advance and expand sustainable programmatic funding
- Diversify the revenue stream to ensure that NERACOOS has the funding necessary to achieve its goals.
The Executive Director is a leader with a history of effective relationship building.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- An advanced degree in marine science, oceanography, public policy/administration, natural resources, or a related field and at least five years of management experience
- Demonstrated competence leading an outcomes-based program or organization, including specific examples of operationalized strategies that have led to progressive organizational/program development
- A general understanding of the environmental, economic, social and governmental landscape of the binational Northeastern region
- Proven fundraising success including the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and generate revenue
- Technical competency of ocean observing technologies, infrastructure, systems, and data management
- Familiarity managing Federal grants and cooperative agreements.
How to Apply:
Submit your CV, 1-page cover letter, and no more than a 2-page statement of vision and qualifications as a PDF to EDSearch@neracoos.org. Please, no paper applications. The search committee will review applications on a rolling basis.
For more information, please see http://www.neracoos.org/edjobsearch