Position Vacancy Announcement
The National Oceanic Atmospheric Association Center for Costal and Marine Ecosystem (CCME) led by Florida A&M University (FAMU) in partnership with Bethune-Cookman University (B-CU), California State University Monterey Bay (CSUMB), Jackson State University (JSU), Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (TAMU-CC), and the University of Texas at Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) is seeking a Coordinator, Computer Applications ( Data, Information and Communication Manager). The Data, Information, and Communication Manager position requires the applicant to manage the Cooperative Science Center’s (CSC) education, research, student tracking data and information systems, communicating center achievements for high visibility with internal and external stakeholders, management of the Center’s web site.
The incumbent will be a team member of the CSC staff and will practice management processes required by the employer and federal grants recipient programs; Develops and maintains specific information technology, resources and infrastructure features and systems for the CSC including databases, audit/tracking, document management and data security systems; Performs continuous analysis, trouble-shooting, maintenance and interventions, as necessary for the CSC’s Data/IT operations and various operating platforms; and represents CSC with respect to technical Data and Information contact for CSC information systems/data management issues at the lead, partner and CSC Community level.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or appropriate specialization and two (2) years of experience in data systems and security experience and specialized technical training in the fundamentals of coding languages such as HTML5, CSS3, and PHP, as well as basic design skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.; or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or appropriate specialization.
• Ability to work independently;
• Advanced knowledge of big data and analytics;
• Ability to lead, influence and modify data from other universities in support of data quality improvement;
• Demonstrated knowledge of database management skills including data security, specifically implementation for moderate level security, design and analyses;
• Working knowledge of multiple and specialized CSC computer coding systems;
• Understanding of data security standards, handling secure academic information for individual student’s education, and programming practices utilizing various operating systems, languages and environments;
• Use of specialized student data software/applications; encryption and security operations and other essential data for student and research products;
• Ability to troubleshoot and install PC hardware and software; design and program for a multi-user-networking environment;
• Preparation and maintenance of detailed computer and programming documentation, including staff instruction and training for efficient computer utilization; and
• Demonstrated knowledge in the deployment, operation and use of networks, information security, including moderate level data security controls and overall education related data security operations.
Anticipated Salary Range
The maximum salary for this position is $65,000.00.
This is an Administrative and Professional (A&P) position.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidate is subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a review of criminal records, reference checks and verification of education. An official college transcript, a high school diploma, or other educational documents must be submitted, where applicable, at the time of employment.
Only United States (U.S.) citizens or aliens who have a legal right to work in the U.S. are eligible for employment. Federal law requires proof of your authorization to work in the United States. You will be required to provide proof of your identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of employment.
Section 110.1128, Florida Statutes, prohibits employment by the State (including re-hire after a break in service) of any male born after October 1, 1962, who failed to register with the Selective Service System, under the provisions of the U.S. Military Selective Service Act, during the person’s period of eligibility (ages 18 through 25). Additionally, if currently employed by the State, this law prohibits the promotion of such person. You may be required to provide documentation.
How To Apply
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history and education details even if attaching a resume. Interested individuals should visit famu.edu/employment and search for job ID 2474 for more information.