The Marine Technology Society (MTS) serves nearly 3,000 marine technologists from industry, government, and academia from 39 countries. As the Program Administrator you will be part of a dynamic society advancing marine technology development and research. MTS offers members networking opportunities through meetings and conferences, opportunities to publish research in the MTS Journal, and volunteer leadership experiences.
MTS WORKPLACE VALUES
- MTS believes in providing high quality member service by listening to our member needs, effectively responding to member requests in a timely fashion, and striving to improve member benefits.
- MTS believes in excellence, honesty, integrity, and accountability and anticipates all employees will share those beliefs.
- MTS believes in teamwork, collaboration, open communication and respect for all collaborators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Program Administrator will play a pivotal role implementing MTS Programs that attract and foster member engagement. In collaboration with the Deputy Executive Director and the Manager of Membership Services, the Program Administrator will implement and evaluate MTS programs and assist with coordination and implementation of MTS meetings.
This includes the following essential functions:
• Serve as the MTS Journal Administrator, tracking and managing member subscriptions, supporting institutional subscriptions, tracking lost Journal copies, and improving and expanding customer service.
• Support the MTS President-Elect with the annual MTS Board Elections process.
• Support the MTS Awards Committee with the annual Awards process.
• Support the MTS Vice President for Education with the MTS Scholarship Program, collecting and organizing all scholarship applications, field applicant questions and coordinate the scholarship payment process.
• Manage the online MTS Mentorship Program that matches MTS members with young professionals seeking access to the marine technology sector. You will manage the online portal and work with the Communications staff to regularly market the program throughout MTS in-order to grow and expand the program.
• Manage the MTS Job Board, including updating members on new opportunities and working with Corporate Members to ensure their open positions are posted in a timely manner. This also includes overall maintenance of the Job Board.
• Provide support to the Deputy Executive Director with coordinating office logistics; preparing presentations, materials, and meeting notes.
• Offer support and coordination with the Membership Manager to ensure all MTS Programs meet Member needs and develop new programs to enhance Member benefits.
• Coordinate travel logistics, meetings and other events.
• Support users of the MTS Webinar system (currently WebEx).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Full-time position.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 4 years of professional experience and at least 2 years of experience performing equivalent work.
• Prior experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (MemberSuite preferred).
• Experience and demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and an openness to learning and working with new technology.
• Demonstrate attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a small team environment.
• Ability to work with contractors.
• Experience developing and implementing programs.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines with high attention to detail and strong project coordination skills.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to exercise highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters, and to maintain high level of confidentiality, included but not limited to strategic planning initiatives, and personnel matters.
• Strong verbal and written, listening and communication skills.
• Ability to strategically solve problems and make effective decisions.
• Ability to travel.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• Commensurate with experience.
Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out complex, multi-step instructions and make appropriate independent decisions as necessary. Regularly required to sit, frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. Must be able to lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Work mostly in a typical office setting with quiet to moderate noise level.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.