Opportunity: Senior Manager, Highly Migratory Species Advocacy, EDF
The Senior Manager, Highly Migratory Species (HMS) Advocacy will lead design and implementation of a comprehensive strategy for improving highly migratory species management using 21st-century technology and tools.
The Senior Manager will develop and decide on recommendations and action steps based on analysis, using advanced knowledge of strategy, operations and environmental management. The Senior Manager will report to the Chief Counsel, Oceans.
- Design and oversee strategies for implementing a comprehensive, multi-pronged strategy to conserve HMS such as sharks, tuna, swordfish, and billfish.
- Manage the necessary budget, personnel and/or consultants required to draft and promote solutions for successful implementation of HMS conservation.
- Conduct and coordinate outreach to HMS stakeholders, including fishermen and other parts of the fishing industry, policymakers, and the scientific community to ensure that conservation and management measures are well-designed and effective;
- Identify important scientific, economic, and institutional design questions needing analysis. Work with EDF Oceans staff and partners to oversee that analysis and provide input to developing HMS management measures so that they have the maximum impact;
- Represent EDF at various conferences and other public speaking engagements, and provide expert-level information, including at public meetings, advisory panels, meetings with policymakers, and before the media;
- Work with EDF Communications team on public outreach relating to HMS conservation issues, especially improving shark science and bycatch management;
- Liaise with other environmental groups interested in HMS management to develop conservation strategy that advances common goals.
For more information and to apply, click here.