Director, Central and Northern California Ocean Observing System (Jun. 7)
The Central and Northern California Ocean Observing System (CeNCOOS) is seeking a creative and entrepreneurial Director to lead the collaborative and chart a path for a sustainable future.
CeNCOOS (www.cencoos.org) is one of three west coast, and 11 national, ocean observing collaborations (“Regional Associations”) established under the US Integrated Ocean Observing Systems (U.S. IOOS®) and operating with support from NOAA’s IOOS Office. The collaborative provides sustained and coordinated measurements, model nowcasts and forecasts, and integrated products to inform decisions about our regional ocean.
- Leadership and management:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, integrity and transparency.
- Work with the Governing Council to support strategic and financial decisions.
- Provide organizational leadership to expand operational capacity and capabilities.
- Fundraising and development
- Develop and maintain strategic and business plans to advance and expand sustainable programmatic funding.
- Facilitate expansion of member collaboration opportunities.
- Deploy leadership skills to engage public and private entities as financial partners in CeNCOOS development and operations.
- Partnerships and communications
- Deepen existing partnerships and cultivate new partnerships with state and federal decision-makers, scientific community, and stakeholders.
Interested individuals should submit an application package consisting of 1) cover letter; 2) a two-page (maximum) statement of qualifications, and 3) resume or CV. Submit your application package by e-mail to email@example.com, or by mail to address below, or by fax to (831) 775-1620.
Address your cover letter to:
MBARI, Human Resources
Job Code: CeNCOOS-Director
7700 Sandholdt Road
Moss Landing, CA 95039.
For more information, click here.