Opportunity: Business Manager, Arctic Research Consortium Of The U.S. (March 28)
The Arctic Research Consortium of the U.S., Inc. (ARCUS) is a nonprofit consortium of universities and research institutions concerned with connecting Arctic research and education across boundaries. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining the business, financial, and administrative systems of ARCUS and reports to the Executive Director. The position is located in Fairbanks, Alaska.
General responsibilities and duties:
Performs as a key member of a management team. Oversees the business and financial operations and administrative functions of ARCUS under the general guidance of the Executive Director. Formulates and evaluates annual budgets and financial plans, performs financial research and analysis, develops and manages cash flow projections and expenses/revenue relative to agreed-upon budgets. The position includes overall responsibility for: accounting functions, tracking of project and overhead budgets, purchasing, payroll, personnel and human resources, grants and contracts, travel, property inventory, compliance with legal and tax requirements, and maintenance and implementation of the policies and procedures for all administrative and financial systems.
Specific responsibilities and duties:
- Maintains all financial and accounting operations of the corporation.
- Directly supervises an Accountant.
- Prepares financial reports, budget performance and other related internal and external financial reports.
- Responsible for administration of personnel policies and procedures, including new hire orientation, payroll, processing terminations, benefits administration, and workplace safety/security.
- Monitors financial activities relating to cash management, investment, and line of credit transactions and serves as principal point of contact with Corporation’s financial institutions.
- Serves as principal point of contact with Corporation’s independent audit firm and coordinates all aspects of the annual financial and single audit.
- Supports the Treasurer and Board in carrying out their fiduciary oversight duties
- Prepares and files all required tax reports.
- Responsible for the administration of subcontracts, subgrants, and purchase orders including seeking competitive bids, planning acquisitions and ensuring compliance with federal contracting rules.
- Implements and ensures compliance with general and specific federal program requirements.
- Maintains adequate financial controls and separation of duties.
- Serves as contact for federal and state funding agencies on the financial and administrative aspects of all contracts and grants. Maintains liaison with federal depository and other necessary entities.
- Leads analysis of administrative costs and negotiations with funding agencies on indirect cost recovery rate.
- Responsible for property management program.
- Assists in defining administrative objectives and plans for action. Provides in depth analysis of administrative data, develops recommendations for administrative policies and procedures, and implements approved changes.
- Serves as a member of the Senior Management Team
- A degree in accounting, finance or business related degree
- Excellent financial/accounting skills and at least 5 years of management-level financial experience
- Strong familiarity and experience with government contract/grant accounting
- Proficiency with using computer and information systems, including Office software, and extensive experience with automated accounting systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated record of innovation and improving efficiency of organizational systems
- Impeccable record of integrity and compliance with legal/financial requirements
- CPA or CMA credential
- Experience in human resources oversight
- Experience with Cougar Mountain financial system
- Experience related to research project financial administration
- Leadership experience in a geographically distributed organization
- Experience with cloud-based and virtual tools, such as time and attendance, financial, collaboration, and payroll systems.
- Experience in indirect cost rate analysis and negotiations
Salary range for this full-time, exempt managerial position is $51,000 – $86,000 per year dependent upon experience. ARCUS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plan (403B) and Employer Match
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Holiday Pay and Vacation Pay
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Tuesday, 28th of March.
For more information: https://www.arcus.org/arcus/jobs/business-manager