News & Resources
To promote wider knowledge of our ocean research and education programs and discoveries, Ocean Leadership engages in a variety of outreach tasks and outcomes.
We meet the public relations needs of the ocean science research community with proactive media relations with the ocean science press corps in both background research and breaking news. In addition, we produce direct-to-public published resources via our website, brochures and newsletters. We also provide tools to the scientists and program officials who act as spokespersons, in order to ensure the public gets the straight message about our research accomplishments.
LATEST FROM THE OCEAN LEADERSHIP NEWS ARCHIVE
- Extreme Waves Caught With Higher-resolution Modeling
- Polar Algae Survive More Than a Year in Space
- Engineers Help Arctic Ships Assess Ice Buildup
- Banned Chemicals Persist In Deep Ocean
- El Niño: California Beach Erosion In 2015/16 Highest Ever Recorded
- Register now for the 2017 Public Policy Forum
- Fossil Shows Pregnant Momma Sea Monster With Developing Embryo
- Scientists Discovered a Gigantic, 300,000-Year-Old Landslide Under the Ocean
- Greenland Ice Sheet Melting Can Cool Subtropics, Alter Climate
- Global Sea Ice at Record Low: What Happens When All the Ice Melts?
- Jon White - From the President's Office: 2-13-2017
- ONW: Week of February 13, 2017 - Number 354
- Deep-Sea Dragonfish Predators Have a Freakishly Wide Bite
- Sea-level Change In Southeast Asia 6,000 Years Ago Has Implications For Today
- Member Highlight: New Ocean Observations Improve Understanding Of Motion
- Crab Teases Anemone, Anemone Splits In Two, Crab And Anemone Live On
- Squid Communicate With a Secret, Skin-Powered Alphabet
- Long-lost Continent Found Submerged Deep Under Indian Ocean
- Marine Ecosystems Show Resilience To Climate Disturbance
- Jon White - From the President's Office: 2-06-2017