- Amplify your impact on federal policy and investments in ocean research and infrastructure, technology development, and ocean science education.
- Participate in COL-convened meetings and congressional events that bring our members together with elected officials, federal representatives, and other stakeholders to explore emerging research challenges and opportunities.
- Receive concise and timely analyses of federal legislation, policy, and funding issues, as well as guidance on how you can influence these.
- Make your congressional and federal agency visits as effective as possible by strategizing with COL’s policy experts.
- Exchange experience and advice with other leaders in the ocean community.
- Guide COL member services and its research and education programs.
More specific benefits vary depending upon the member’s particular interests. For example, our Associate Member category brings together smaller universities focused on undergraduate education, the IOOS Regional Associations, aquaria and marine labs. Click here to request more information on the benefits that meet the specific needs and interests of different subsets of our membership.