The Symposium Organizers invite proposals (submit your proposal here) for session and workshop topics addressing the causes and consequences of changing climate on marine ecosystems within the context of evolving ecosystem drivers as outlined in the Symposium Scope.
We are looking for a broad range of topics and approaches to sharing, synthesizing and discussing information. We encourage applicants to consider innovative ways to communicate results and engage the scientific community, decision-making community and the public in dialog on the effects of – and responses to – changing climate on the world’s oceans including marine resources and resource dependent sectors, communities and economies.
Deadline for submitting proposals for Session and Workshop topics is June 9, 2017.
Applicants will be notified concerning acceptance; if accepted, applicants will be asked for more detailed information for each Session or Workshop including speakers etc.
The following are some Key Topic Areas of interest to the Symposium Organizers to help inspire and guide proposals for sessions and workshops:
(1) Characterization of ocean changes and the climate-ocean system
(2) Extreme and abrupt changes in ocean systems
(3) Impacts of changing climate on ocean physical, chemical and biological conditions
(4) Impacts of changing climate on ocean-dependent sectors, societies and economies
(5) Responding to climate-related changes in ocean conditions – Governance, institutional and sectoral adaptations
(6) Advancing methods to project climate-related impacts in ocean ecosystems