Opportunity: Coral Reef Internship, Central Caribbean Marine Institute and Rutgers University
The Central Caribbean Marine Institute and Rutgers University have a limited number of places for their Coral Reef Internship in Little Cayman, Cayman Islands, running from July 25th to August 11th 2016.
The internship is for undergraduate students who want to develop their marine fieldwork on pristine coral reef ecosystems and offers 4 transferable university credits.
Participants will gain experience in:
- Caribbean species identification of coral, fish, algae, and invertebrates
- Coral reef health surveying
- Lionfish dissection and community management efforts
- Coral nursery techniques
- Independent research project development
- Scuba diving (if certified prior to program)
More information can be found on Rutgers online portal: http://bit.ly/1neffkp
Previous student testimonials video: http://bit.ly/1zqljch
View of CCMI from the sky: https://vimeo.com/150035504
Applications are due by March 1st. Please contact Tom Sparke, CCMI Education Programme Manager, at email@example.com with any questions regarding the course or application process. Please share with students or educators who may be interested!